We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in optional informal focus groups on Monday during lunch. These focus groups are intended as an additional way for you to meet and network with your colleagues from like organizations, same geographic regions, or who are in a similar position in their organization.
The discussions will not be facilitated and there is no assigned topic. Please use this time to discuss whatever is pertinent to your group of choice. If applicable, please write down questions and/or topics you'd like to explore further on the provided cards. They will be collected after lunch to guide NSPA programming for the upcoming year. One table will be reserved for each group with plenty of seating at the remaining tables if you would rather not join a focus group. This diagram of the focus group tables will also be available in the conference app or at registration.
The following focus groups will have reserved seating on Monday during lunch only. This is a first come, first serve opportunity and you do not need to pre-register.
1. Organizations awarding under $500K in scholarships
2. Organizations awarding between $500K and $1M in scholarships
3. Organizations awarding over $1M in scholarships
4. Organizations from rural areas
5. Organizations from urban areas
6. Organizations from the North and Northeast Regions (Canada, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania)
7. Organizations from the Midwest Region (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota)
8. Organizations from the South Atlantic Region (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C., and West Virginia)
9. Organizations from the South Central Region
(Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas)
10. Organizations from the West (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming)
11. Organizations from the Pacific Region (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington)
12. Community Colleges and 2-year Institutions
13. Institutions with centralized scholarship offices
14. Institutions with de-centralized scholarship offices
15. Executive Directors, Presidents, and CEOs
16. Scholarship Program Managers and Officers
17. Scholarship Program Coordinators
18. Scholarship Program Directors and Assistant Directors