1. Enjoy the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. This world renowned extravaganza is one of the most photographed events in the world. Watch as hundreds of balloons take over the sky above Albuquerque. You can even take a ride in a balloon! in This event takes place Oct. 6 - 14.
2. Browse the shops, catch dinner and a movie, or find some other great entertainment in the Winrock & ABQ Uptown area of Albuquerque.
3. Experience the art of Flamenco dance. Albuquerque is one of the only places on earth where you can watch a Flamenco performance every weekend. Dine on tapas and enjoy dancers, guitarists, and other traditional musicians at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town.
4. Soar through the sky on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway. From the observation deck, 10,378 feet up, you can catch a panoramic view of 11,000 square-miles of the Cibola National Forest.
5. Explore the natural world at the ABQ BioPark. This attraction features a zoo, aquarium, and a botanic garden in heart of Albuquerque.
6. Dine on fabulous cuisine. Albuquerque boasts a diverse dining and food scene. You can enjoy a variety of experience from street food to fine dining. You'll have to try the authentic New Mexico cuisine which is an infusion of Mexican, Hispanic, and Native American traditions.
7. Immerse yourself in Albuquerque's many distinctive neighborhoods. You can see all the cultural influences and diversity of the city as you move through each neighborhood. Learn more about the history at one of Albuquerque's seven museums, shop for traditional pottery or jewelry in a historic plaza, feast on authentic cuisine, or just sit at a cafe and enjoy the live and spirit of the city.
8. Discover prehistoric art at Petroglyph National Monument. This site holds one of the largest collections of stone carvings in North America, and features work by Native American and early Spanish settlers.
9. Gaze at the city from a hot air balloon! Albuquerque's weather allows for prime ballooning year-round. Watch the surrounding mesas turn bright pink at sunset, while floating through the sky.
10. You're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Santa Fe! Take the Rail Runner from Downtown Albuquerque to Santa Fe Depot. You'll experience the majestic landscape of New Mexico as you pass through the ancient Pueblo lands. Santa Fe offers world-class shopping and dining, spa experiences, a rich cultural history and stunning architecture, and much, much more.
We're looking forward to partaking in our favorite Albuquerque experiences this October - come join us! REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON! If you're not already an NSPA member, save $100 off your Conference registration by applying for membership today.
Scholarship Provider of the Year Sponsor