1. Enjoy the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. This world renowned extravaganza is one of the most photographed events in the world. Watch as hundreds of balloons take over the sky above Albuquerque. You can even take a ride in a balloon! in This event takes place Oct. 6 - 14.
2. Browse the shops, catch dinner and a movie, or find some other great entertainment in the Winrock & ABQ Uptown area of Albuquerque.
3. Immerse yourself in the local culture inspired by Native Americans by visiting the Pueblos of New Mexico - several of which are driving distance. Want to learn more? The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center offers a museum, shopping, and traditional dining within minutes of downtown.
4. Soar through the sky on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway. From the observation deck, 10,378 feet up, you can catch a panoramic view of 11,000 square-miles of the Cibola National Forest.
5. Explore the natural world at the ABQ BioPark. This attraction features a zoo, aquarium, and a botanic garden in heart of Albuquerque.
6. Dine on fabulous cuisine. Albuquerque boasts a diverse dining and food scene. You can enjoy a variety of experience from street food to fine dining. You'll have to try the authentic New Mexico cuisine which is an infusion of Mexican, Hispanic, and Native American traditions.
7. Immerse yourself in Albuquerque's many distinctive neighborhoods. You can see all the cultural influences and diversity of the city as you move through each neighborhood. Learn more about the history at one of Albuquerque's seven museums, shop for traditional pottery or jewelry in a historic plaza, feast on authentic cuisine, or just sit at a cafe and enjoy the live and spirit of the city.
8. Discover prehistoric art at Petroglyph National Monument. This site holds one of the largest collections of stone carvings in North America, and features work by Native American and early Spanish settlers.
9. Enjoy the Heart of Albuquerque in the Historic Old Town. Stroll the Plaza, dine at the many restaurants, visit museums, take a guided tour, shop at over 150 stores and galleries for unique gifts from the Southwest, or watch a Flamenco dancing performance. Quiet hidden patios, winding brick paths, gardens and balconies are waiting to be discovered!
10. You're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Santa Fe! Take the Rail Runner from Downtown Albuquerque to Santa Fe Depot. You'll experience the majestic landscape of New Mexico as you pass through the ancient Pueblo lands. Santa Fe offers world-class shopping and dining, spa experiences, a rich cultural history and stunning architecture, and much, much more.
Check out the Visit Albuquerque website for more ideas on things to do, food and drink, and much more!
We're looking forward to partaking in our favorite Albuquerque experiences this October - come join us! REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN JUNE! If you're not already an NSPA member, save $125 off your Conference registration by applying for membership today.
Scholarship Provider of the Year Sponsor